In the College Phase our goal is to embed learning in real-life and community situations, but we do appreciate that this can be expensive and a strain on the family budget. Depending on student or family circumstance, there may be financial support available :
Pupil Premium Grant
Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is additional funding given to schools to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils in Reception – Year 11.
- The amount given to schools is based on the number of students receiving Free School Meals (FSM) in the past 6 years.
- For the academic year 2014 – 2015, PPG was £935 for each eligible student, and £1,900 for Looked After Children in the College Phase, up to and including year 11
- Funds are not paid out to individual students, but are used either collectively and / or individually on resources to raise the attainment of disadvantaged students.
The School Pupil Premium statement is available on this website - click here
16-19 Bursary Fund
The 16 – 19 Bursary provides financial support to individual students who remain in education after year 11 and meet certain eligibility criteria.
- Priority Group 1 - Students who are Looked After, claiming Income Support / Universal Credit in their own name, or receiving both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance / Personal Independence Payment in their own name, are eligible for a guaranteed Bursary amount.
- Priority Group 2 - Students who are entitled to Free School Meals or pay a lower rate for school transport are eligible for Bursary support, up to a defined amount.
- Priority Group 3 – Students who are identified as vulnerable, via information passed to the school, are eligible for discretionary Bursary support up to a defined amount.
- Bursary support for all groups is dependent on suitable evidence being received, and will be withdrawn without this. Eligibility for FSM and confirmation of transport rates payable is provided to the school by Essex County Council.
The School 16 – 19 Bursary policy is available on this website, and contains further details on thresholds and eligibility - click here